The power elite have us right where they want us — divided and irrelevant!
The major parties are big because they are inclusive: people with differing views work together toward a common goal. For example, the Republican Party has the religious right, social conservatives, fiscal conservatives, NeoCons, etc.
The minor parties are small because they are exclusive, rejecting any whose views are not “pure” enough. Unless they can get 100% agreement, they refuse to cooperate. If we are to break the two-party monopoly, we must work together.
Here's a quiz. Which political party has the following stances?
- The proper role of the American military is to defend the United States, not to build an empire and police the world. Bring the troops home.
- Abolish the income tax. Get rid of the I.R.S. No national sales tax. No flat-rate tax. No VAT.
- End the welfare state.
- Get rid of Social Security.
- End the Federal Reserve. Return to sound money.
- No deficit spending. Pay off the national debt.
- Vigorously protect civil liberties. Repeal the “Patriot” Act.
- No New World Order. No NAFTA. No GATT. No NAU. No WTO.
- Property rights.
- Right to privacy.
- Religious freedom.
- Gun rights.
- No draft.
- End government involvement in health care.
- No wage and price controls.
- And on, and on, and on...